Love is in the air
Nothing says “crazy in love” like helicopter time.
The great wilderness beckons. Just beyond where the road ends, and civilisation disappears, you have access to the kind of pristine, mouth-watering beauty that delivers elopement photography glory. A short helicopter ride delivers you into the wild landscapes just beyond Queenstown, Glenorchy and Paradise.
We work with Heli Glenorchy and a selection of Queenstown helicopter companies to transport you to a perfect outdoor elopement photography location in the wild. Take a quick hop to a nearby peak, a flight into the depths of Fiordland or Mt Aspiring National Parks, or a journey to the wild West Coast beaches. Hire a helicopter and you have access to remote places that deliver breathtaking backdrops and exceptional mementoes. We can fly to places you could never access by road like a sheer rocky bluff, an alpine lake, a glacier, a snow landing or lush beech forest.
This place is our home and we will help you find the perfect location that captures the spirit of your adventurous elopement day.
Grab a map and see if you can locate any of these enchanted locations. From Queenstown, we can explore the nearby peaks of The Remarkables, Cecil Peak or Mt Creighton or further to Bayonet Peak, Mt Larkin or Lake Isobel. From Glenorchy, we have access to world-class national parks and inspiring locations like the Humboldt Mountains, Rees Valley, Lochnagar, Lake Erskine, Tutuko Glacier, Chasm Glacier, the Earnslaw Burn, the wild West Coast Beaches and many, many, many more.
If love is the greatest adventure, then take to the air and fly headfirst into your great big adventure.
Making it work.
Whether you are eloping, looking for a creative style of wedding photography or dreaming of a magical, intimate wedding, remote locations allow you to create something special. But there are a few things to know about capturing beautiful, romantic wedding photography in the wild.
- No rush. We’ll wait until an hour or two before sunset before we fly. When the sun is close to dropping behind the mountains, there is a golden light that beautifully defines the depth of the mountain landscape. It’s worth the wait.
- After the necessities. We’ll get the ceremony and any guest shots done first. And then with the pressure off, the two of you will escape in the helicopter. With all the obligations out of the way, you will have the time and space to look into each other’s eyes and remember why you are here.
- Practicality. There’s no getting around the fact that the higher we go, the colder it will be. So borrow his jacket, bring a shrug, or snuggle up with a blanket. And a spare pair of sensible shoes is a great idea.
- Let it flow. Want to know how to create beautiful photography amongst nature? Let if flow! Allow movement, keep it organic. Flowing hair, a wind-swept veil, draping flowers and decorative layers. We are not looking for formality, we’ll work with the environment to create a delicious mix of love, nature and adventure.
- Spirit of adventure. You’re already an adventurous spirit, so today of all days set it free. A helicopter will take you away physically, so allow yourself to mentally leave it all behind as well to connect with each other wholly.
So who wants to run away in a helicopter to elope? Contact us to hear about all our fab heli location ideas!